Rewire and Partial Rewiring
Al-Amin are here for all your wiring requirements around your home or business
Call now on Tel: 020 7476 2153 or Mob: 07889 272430
Taking the plunge to hire an electrician to rewire your home or property is a serious business that can throw up all sorts of problems.
Why would you consider to rewire your home or property?
There are many problems that will need to be considered if you do go ahead and have your home or property rewired including:
To avoid living with these problems the best situation is for the property to be vacant, which is why it is advisable to rewire your property before you move in. It is also easier for your electrical contractor to work in a vacant property, so you could negotiate for a reduced price.
At other times the tenant or occupier will arrange to move out for the period of the rewire, although if rented property is utilised then this will add to the final cost of the project.
If you can trust your electrical contractors and your do not need to be around while the work is being completed, then you could always consider going on holiday for the expected period, although this has its own problems including;
Once you have decided to re-wire or modify your electrical installation you need to consider over a good design for the project.
It is always inconvenient, and more expensive to add items after the rewire is nearly or fully completed, both from the electrical and renovation point of view.
Things to consider in designing of your new electrical systems:
- Telephone points especially if your satellite provider requires for their box to be connected via a telephone line.
- Whether you want to control all of your lightings from a central point or to have programmed lighting.
- Any fire alarm system, including smoke and heat detectors.
- Burglar alarm of intruder detection systems.
- Any electric heating if you cannot get gas central heating installed, but also including underfloor heating (a nice touch when getting out of the bath or shower or any other area where you are likely to walk around barefoot.
- The control wiring for a gas central heating system, including; thermostats & time clocks.
Hot water and electric showers
- Cooking facilities
- Positions of socket outlets, lighting and switching points
- Sufficient numbers of socket outlets for the number of devices
- Sufficient lighting for the area
- The control of lighting through dimmer switches and automated lighting systems.
- Where TV’s are to be installed make sure there is a connection to an aerial, to satellite services and possibly a network connection or telephone point.
For all your electrical services call us on 078 8927 2430
We are always happy to talk through your project and advise on any electrical problems.
Now, that you have a better idea whether you want to take the plunge and consider having your home or property rewired, give us a call. We can give you further advice tailored to your needs and requirements.