Wiring, Rewiring and Partial Rewiring Service
Why would you consider to rewire your home or property?
- Safety worries and concerns
- Tired or obsolete components of an existing installation: wiring, faceplates and outlets
- Insufficient number of socket outlets, lighting points and other services
- Sale of a property- to increase its value
- Just moved in and intend to renovate or refurbish the property
There are many problems that will need to be considered if you do go ahead and have your home or property rewired including:
- Dirt and mess
- Noise: including drilling, hammering and sawing
- Loss of electrical services including the lighting for periods
- Dust and airborne particles
- Damage to the existing décor
We’re not just about electrical emergency callouts, we cover all conventional electrical services such as:
- Electrical fault finding
- Electric underfloor heating repairs
- Emergency repair of faulty, or tripping circuits
- Security light fitting
- Socket and switches inspections and testing
- Electric water heater repairs
- Fuse box testing and replacement
- House rewiring
- Storage heater repairs
- Light switches and dimmer switches repair and installation
- Landlords Electrical Safety Certificates
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
Rewire and Partial Rewiring
All of these problems can go on for a relatively long period, although this is dependent on the size of your property, the extent or the rewire that you have designed for, how the new cables are to be installed and whether the property is furnished or not.
To avoid living with these problems the best situation is for the property to be vacant, which is why it is advisable to rewire your property before you move in. It is also easier for your electrical contractor to work in a vacant property, so you could negotiate for a reduced price.
At other times the tenant or occupier will arrange to move out for the period of the rewire, although if rented property is utilised then this will add to the final cost of the project.
If you can trust your electrical contractors and your do not need to be around while the work is being completed, then you could always consider going on holiday for the expected period, although this has its own problems including;
- The work not being installed as specified
- If complications are encountered you are not present to oversee and negotiate the solution.
Once you have decided to re-wire or modify your electrical installation you need to consider over a good design for the project.
It is always inconvenient, and more expensive to add items after the rewire is nearly or fully completed, both from the electrical and renovation point of view.
Things to consider in designing of your new electrical systems:
- Telephone points especially if your satellite provider requires for their box to be connected via a telephone line.
- Whether you want to control all of your lightings from a central point or to have programmed lighting.
- Any fire alarm system, including smoke and heat detectors.
- Burglar alarm of intruder detection systems.
- Any electric heating if you cannot get gas central heating installed, but also including underfloor heating (a nice touch when getting out of the bath or shower or any other area where you are likely to walk around barefoot.
- The control wiring for a gas central heating system, including; thermostats & time clocks.
- Hot water and electric showers
- Cooking facilities
- Positions of socket outlets, lighting and switching points
- Sufficient numbers of socket outlets for the number of devices
- Sufficient lighting for the area
- The control of lighting through dimmer switches and automated lighting systems.
- Where TV’s are to be installed make sure there is a connection to an aerial, to satellite services and possibly a network connection or telephone point.
Your Local Electricians
Whether you’re an established business or brand new company, we can provide you with all the electrical services that you may need. For example electrical design, inspections and testing.
We can also help to ensure that your business meets all safety demands and is fully practical. And we offer our commercial services to many types of businesses as well. contact us and we will certainly be able to help.
So make sure to call 078 8927 2430 for your all electrical needs across London. We offer affordable electrical services you can always rely on, 24 hours a day.
In the same way, our qualified team of electricians is skilled and efficient. As a result we are able to carry out all types of services. Domestic, commercial and also industrial work. We can certainly be at your home or business today, on-time, and at the best time to suit you.