Electrical Installation Conditional Reports/ EICR Service
What is EICR (Electrical installation condition report)?
An EICR is an inspection on the condition of an existing electrical installation, to identify (in order of priority) any deficiencies against the national safety standard for electrical installations.
- Reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment is overloaded
- Find any potential electrical shock risks and fire hazards in your electrical installation
- Identify any defective DIY electrical work
- Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding
Tests are also carried out on wiring and associated fixed electrical equipment to check that it is safe. A schedule of circuits will also be provided, which is invaluable for a property.
We’re not just about electrical emergency callouts, we cover all conventional electrical services such as:
- Electrical fault finding
- Electric underfloor heating repairs
- Emergency repair of faulty, or tripping circuits
- Security light fitting
- Socket and switches inspections and testing
- Electric water heater repairs
- Fuse box testing and replacement
- House rewiring
- Storage heater repairs
- Light switches and dimmer switches repair and installation
- Landlords Electrical Safety Certificates
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
Why EIRC or periodic inspection needed?
Every electrical installation deteriorates with use and age. It is important for the person responsible for the maintenance of the installation to be sure that the safety of users is not put at risk, and that the installation continues to be in a safe and serviceable condition.
When is a periodic inspection needed?
It is recommended that periodic inspection and testing is carried out at least every:
- 10 years for a domestic installation
- 5 years for a commercial installation
- 3 years for caravans
- 1 year for swimming pools
Other instances when a periodic inspection should be carried out are:
- When a property is being prepared to be let
- Prior to selling a property or when buying a previously occupied property
Who should undertake EIRC?
EIRC should be carried out by a competent electrician.
What happens during EIRC?
The electrician will check the electrical installation against the requirements of BSi7671 – Requirements for Electrical Installations ( IEE Wiring Regulations) – as amended, which is the national safety standard for electrical installations, and contains around 850 Regulations.
The periodic inspection will take into account all relevant circumstances including the following factors:
- Adequacy of earthing and bonding
- Suitability of the switchgear and control gear e.g. consumer unit e.g. an old fusebox with a wooden back, cast-iron switches, a haphazard mixture of such equipment is likely to need replacing
- Serviceability of equipment e.g. switches, socket-outlets and light fittings e.g. older round pin sockets, round light switches and braided flex hanging from ceiling roses to light fittings, black switches, sockets mounted in skirting boards may require replacing.
- Type of wiring system and its condition e.g. cables coated in black- rubber, black-rubber was phased out in the 1960s or cables coated in lead or fabric are even older and may need replacing (modern cables use PVC insulation)
- Provision of residual current devices for socket-outlets that may be used to plug in electrical equipment used outdoors
- Presence of adequate identification and notices.
- The extent of any wear and tear, damage or other deterioration
- Changes in use of the premises which have led to, or might lead to, deficiencies in the installation.
- The electrician will provide a periodic inspection report (PIR) as part of the periodic inspection.
Your Local Electricians
Whether you’re an established business or brand new company, we can provide you with all the electrical services that you may need. For example electrical design, inspections and testing.
We can also help to ensure that your business meets all safety demands and is fully practical. And we offer our commercial services to many types of businesses as well. contact us and we will certainly be able to help.
So make sure to call 078 8927 2430 for your all electrical needs across London. We offer affordable electrical services you can always rely on, 24 hours a day.
In the same way, our qualified team of electricians is skilled and efficient. As a result we are able to carry out all types of services. Domestic, commercial and also industrial work. We can certainly be at your home or business today, on-time, and at the best time to suit you.